Senior DevOps Engineer/SRE
Loomly is the Brand Success Platform that empowers marketing teams to streamline collaboration. Think GitHub, for marketing teams: Loomly help marketers produce, stage, review, approve and publish content — as well as engage with their audience and measure their success. We are very customer-driven and strive to bring simplicity, efficiency and stellar support to our clients.
Loomly is trusted by 17K+ teams around the world and consistently growing revenue at a 100%+ yearly rate. We're looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join us on this journey.
How we work
We are a small, fully remote team. We value our efficiency and effectiveness, leveraging autonomy and paying close attention to details. Our domain requires us to be flexible and adaptable. We take ownership of our work and truly appreciate valuable feedback. We're driven and self-motivated to succeed. We value rest and time-off — we're not into 50-hour workweek grinds.
About the role
Loomly is looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. This role will have a significant impact on the way we work as a team as well as Loomly's current and future growth.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you'll work on a variety of projects across the stack — planning, architecting and building. You'll help to define engineering priorities and have a significant role in analyzing and helping set the technologies we use at Loomly.
What you'll work on
- Architect, deploy and manage critical infrastructure
- Architect and scale background job systems
- Utilize ECS to host applications and manage container orchestration (EC2 + Fargate)
- Collaborate with other team members (DevOps, Full-Stack, Customer Support, etc.) to plan and complete projects
- Tune, maintain and scale databases
- Create and manage CI/CD pipelines
- Provide visibility, insights and metrics via log and monitoring systems
- Improve and design data/ETL pipelines
- Build and improve developer workflows and tools
- Document processes and monitor performance metrics
- Write scripts (shell, python, ruby) for monitoring and automation
- Improve cloud security posture
- In-depth knowledge of AWS and best-practice
- Ample experience planning, architecting and deploying infrastructure from initial requirements using a detailed, thorough and organized approach
- History of very explicit, clear and detailed written communication
- In-depth knowledge of Docker and container orchestration
- Experience analyzing security risks and implementing security best practices
- Experience with deployment and on-going management of containerized Ruby applications
- Architecting and scaling queueing and background job systems
- Experience operating and maintaining PostgreSQL & Redis
Current Tech Stack Highlights
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Elastic Container Service (ECS), Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Terraform
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Node.js, Postgres, Redis
- Frontend: Turbolinks, React
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary PTO policy
- Health, vision and dental: group plan covering 100% of health insurance premiums for employees and dependents
- 401(k): company match of 4%
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
How to applyPlease apply here.
Loomly joined Traject in August, 2021. Traject is an innovative, fast-growing collective of marketing technology software companies designed to help marketers, digital agencies, and brands manage and grow their businesses. Our mission is to democratize marketing so all companies can tell their stories, get discovered, and find new customers online.
Since our inception in early 2018, we have made 11 acquisitions across social media, review management, SEO, and data/dashboarding software. Our strategy is to buy deep-functionality, best-in-class software tools and collaborate across brands to bring the most value to our customers. In the complex and crowded martech environment, Traject stands out as the brand that digital agencies and marketers can trust.
Our company works as one organization with individuals and teams focused on each of the brands. This structure of shared resources, talent, and expertise allows us to accelerate growth across our organization. We are building an ‘ecosystem’ to become greater than the sum of our parts. Traject operates through 8 brands (Grade.Us, GatherUp, Sendible, PLANOLY, Traject Data, AuthorityLabs, Cyfe, and Loomly). We have over 170 employees and are headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with offices in Austin, Texas and London, UK. We are backed by Alpine Investors, a People-First private equity firm.