Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Loomly is the Brand Success Platform that empowers marketing teams to streamline collaboration. Think GitHub, for marketing teams: Loomly help marketers produce, stage, review, approve and publish content — as well as engage with their audience and measure their success. We are very customer-driven and strive to bring simplicity, efficiency and stellar support to our clients.
Loomly is trusted by 12K+ teams around the world and consistently growing revenue at a 100%+ yearly rate. We're looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join us on this journey.
How we work
We are a small, fully remote company. We value our efficiency and effectiveness, leveraging autonomy, paying close attention to details and avoiding unnecessary bureaucracy. Our domain requires us to be flexible and adaptable. We take ownership of our work and truly appreciate valuable feedback.
We're driven and self-motivated to succeed. We value rest and time-off — we're not into 50-hour workweek grinds. We're in it for the long-haul and we're building the sustainable company that we all want to work for.
About the role
Loomly is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer. Loomly currently has two Senior Full-Stack Engineers (in addition to our DevOps team), making you an early member, and as such, a critical part of the team. You’ll have significant influence on the decisions we make as a team and ownership over integral projects from start to finish.
As a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer at Loomly, you'll work on a variety of projects across the stack — planning, diagnosing, solving and building. You’ll be shipping features to thousands of users and observing their direct impact on the business.
What you'll work on
- Architect and build frontend and backend features
- Refactor existing code for better performance and design
- Write tests using RSpec
- Diagnose and fix bugs
- Plan and present ideas and solutions to problems
- Interact with customer success team around customer-related questions and issues
- Optimize SQL queries and database performance
- Assist and mentor junior/mid-level engineers
- In-depth knowledge of Ruby on Rails and best-practices
- History of very explicit, clear, and detailed written communication
- Based in USA or Canada
- Proven history of jumping into established code bases and making an impact
- Experience working with React and Redux
- Experience working with Postgres and Redis
- Comfortable working with Docker
Current Tech Stack Highlights
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Elastic Container Service (ECS), Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Terraform
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Node.js, Postgres, Redis
- Frontend: Turbolinks, React
Benefits and Perks
- Annual salary range: $150K - $180K
- Equity: 0.1% - 0.5%
- Paid time off: 20 days (160 hours) earned throughout the year in pay periods
- Health, vision and dental: group plan covering 99% of health insurance premiums (Gold Tier PPO Plan), and 75% of your dental and vision insurance premiums
- 401(k): 100% match up to 4% of salary with immediate vesting
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Quarterly company get-togethers